Alan Mulally, former Ford and Boeing CEO sits down with Jim Morgan to discuss Leadership, Designing the Future Special
“It seemed nothing short of a miracle could save Ford Motor Company in the mid 2000s. Ford didn’t receive a miracle, but it did get something just as valuable: Alan Mulally.” (Daniel Miller, The Motley Fool, May 2015)
In this podcast, Alan shares:
- His view on the CEO’s role in a successful transformation.
- What “people first” leadership means to him and how his basic values and love for people guide his decision making.
- What he learned about innovation and customer focus from his lawn mowing business.
- How his early experiences with lean and Toyota shaped his views on leadership and the importance of an effective management system.
- How he has continuously improved and evolved his Working Together Management System for over 40 years, starting with aircraft development, then transformations of global organizations, and finally how it influences his work today with Google, Mayo Clinic, and Carbon 3D.
To learn more go to lean.org